Equestrians can't always stay out of the sun even though they realize that with temperatures and UV levels high prolonged exposure means risking sunburn. So here we have a few top tips to help equestrians avoid getting sunburn:
1. Where possible avoid being out in full sunlight during the hottest part of the day 11am-3pm
2. Stay covered up in lightweight clothes.
3. Where light colours.
4. Consider clothing with UV protection.
5. Always use a high factor (SPF30 / SPF50 ) sunscreen.
6. Check that your sunscreen hasn't expired it's use by date before applying.
7. Reapply suncreen frequently.
8. Remember that water (including sweat) can remove sunscreen so if you're taking a dip or sweating a lot you'll have to reapply more frequently.
9. Wear sunglasses that provide UVA and AVB protection, check the label.
10. If you're not wearing your riding helmet wear a wide brimmed hat, always try to provide cover to your neck.
Image: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Wikioogle%3Dworld_take_over Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported